Over the past 9 months, the team at Smart Gear has been busy prototyping a flexible range of travel bags that will help travellers keep travel organised, minimise airline luggage fees and maximise mobility.
We have been working on a range of four bags that we were about to launch on popular crowdfunding platform Kickstarter by the end of 2018. However we delayed this launch slightly to bring an exciting new product on the market, the RyanMax.
At the end of August 2018, Ryanair out of the blue announced another change to the hand luggage policy. The new severely reduced free hand luggage policy set panic across Europe. Then Wizz Air did the same.
New size of free carry-on luggage is now 40 x 25 x 20 cm coming into effect 1 November 2018
We are customers, and we are travellers, and we are all frustrated. However, after doing some research, Smart Gear has taken action. We noticed the lack of quality bags in the market that can maximise the new allowance.
The idea of
RyanMax was born!
Personal Item on US Flights
The size of the RyanMax (16″ x 11″ x 8″) is considered a personal item on many US carriers. We have checked with American Airlines, United, US Airways, Alaska Airlines, Delta Airlines, JetBlue & Southwest Airlines.
This means you can bring the RyanMax backpack alongside a larger carry-on*
*check with the individual airline about sizes and weights.
RyanMax Travel Backpack – The under-seat carry-on bag for your flights
The RyanMax is a travel backpack that is perfect for the “under-seat” allowance on many airlines:
- Ideal bag for short 2-4 day trips away – It is amazing how much you can pack.
- Save on airline priority boarding fees or check-in fees – The RyanMax meets the reduced carry-on allowance (40x25x20cm) you can bring for free on Ryanair & Wizz Air flights.
- Counts as Personal Item – Take on board on most US carriers.
- Quality, durable and water-resistant materials – A bag that looks good for longer and keeps your valuables safe.
- Anti-theft measures – Don’t let your trip away be ruined by pickpockets.
- Made for travel – Easy clamshell access to the main compartment.
- Need more storage – Compliments with your other travel bags like wheelies or trolley bags.
The RyanMax – Two Backpack Choices
Carry-on backpack with a tech compartment for a 15″ laptop and tablet, plus a packing compartment.
Carry-on backpack with a packing compartment maximising your packing space.
+ Add compressible packing cubes that are made to fit.