Travelling is great; whether you’re alone, or you’re with friends and family. A fun trip is all you need to help you relax from all the stress you’ve gathered in your workplace or academic institution. Also, it’s scientifically proven, a change of scenery can do wonders for your health. Not to mention all the new food you can try from different places and cultures, every meal will be a new experience or revisiting familiar and favorite tastes. So its official – travelling is the best!
Travelling in the past, however, was more mundane and hectic. Now we have all kinds of transportation to take us anywhere. Along with transport, there also exists one thing that makes our travels easier, starting from calling an Uber to take you to your hotel to looking up places to relinquish your hunger; Internet! Almost all hotels in the countries of Southeast Asia do have Wi-Fi, but it is a no-brainer to get a SIM card if you like to travel quite a few times annually. And in this article, we will be listing the best internet packages for respective mobile operators in respective countries for you to choose from.
One of the best places to have very cheap internet available in Southeast Asia. With the increasing demand in tourism in Thailand, mobile companies offer varieties of internet packages enabling you to choose whatever package that suits your demands.
1) FREEDOM UNLIMITED – Weekly fee of 99 baht. Unlimited Internet at 1mbps.
2) NON-STOP 123 – Weekly fee of 123 baht. Unlimited 4G Internet at 1mbps.
1) Happy Internet – Weekly fee of 59 baht. Unlimited Internet at 512kbps.
2) Happy Internet – Weekly fee of 69 baht. Internet speed of 384kbps.
1) Free Non-Stop Internet Every Day – Starting at 29 baht per SIM. Unlimited Internet at 384kbps until midnight.
With multiple leading mobile operators offering loads of different packages, prices are generally very cheap. Within RM10 you can get quality service if your trip is like a week-long. In case you’re in for a longer time, there are monthly packages on offer for you to avail.
1) 2GB Daily – Costs RM3. Hi-Speed Internet (4G Lite).
2) 2GB Weekly – Costs RM6. Hi-Speed Internet (4G Lite).
1) 2GB Daily – Costs RM3. Free Non-Stop Red Chat (WhatsApp, WeChat, Line, IMO) or Free Non-Stop Red Social (Facebook, Snapchat, Instagram, Twitter).
2) 1.5GB Weekly – Costs RM10. Free Non-Stop Red Chat (WhatsApp, WeChat, Line, IMO) or Free Non-Stop Red Social (Facebook, Snapchat, Instagram, Twitter).
1) 1.5GB Weekly – Costs RM10. Hi-Speed Internet.
2) 7GB Monthly – Costs RM38. Hi-Speed Internet.
1) 1GB Weekly – Costs RM9. Hi-Speed Internet (4G Lite).
2) 7.5GB Monthly – Costs RM36. Hi-Speed Internet (4G Lite). Unlimited Chats. Unlimited YouTube Streaming (2am to 10am).
Being one of the biggest technology hub of the world, Singapore has no shortage of top quality internet. Singtel, StarHub, M1 all provide multiple offers that anyone can use depending on the usage.
1) $15 sim card- 4G 100GB, 7 days validity with 30 mins free international calls.
2) $30 sim card- 4G 100GB, 10 days validity, 90 mins free international calls, 2GB free dataroam for Australia, Malaysia and Indonesia.
3) ) $50 sim card- 4G 100GB, 10 days validity, 90 mins free international calls, 5GB free dataroam for Australia, Malaysia and Indonesia.
All packages offer free Facebook, WhatsApp, line & imo.
1) 12$ Travel SIM – which has a validity for 7 days and includes 100GB of 4G local data and 1GB of roaming.
2) 18$ Internet SIM – which has a validity of 5 days and includes 4G Hi-Speed Internet of 2GB daily.
1) 12$ Tourist SIM – which has a validity of 7 days and includes 100GB of local data.
2) 30$ Tourist SIM – which has a validity of 10 days and includes 100GB of local data and 3GB of roaming.
Indonesia, Bali in particular is one of the most attractive travel destinations in the world. Exotic locations that are on offer will leave you breathless. You are sure to take loads of pics and upload all of those, which will require a quality internet connection. These are some of the best offers that you can take in order to fulfil what you are looking for.
1) kartuHalo 20GB for 1 day – Costs Rp 5.00
2) kartuHalo 10GB for 1 day – Costs Rp 5.00
3) Simpati 3GB for 1 day – Costs Rp 16.00
4) Simpati 3GB for 2 days – Costs Rp 15.00
5) KARTU As 3GB for 1 day – Costs Rp 16.00
6) KARTU As 3GB for 2 days – Costs Rp 15.00
7) LOOP 3GB for 2 days – Costs Rp 15.00
8) LOOP 10GB for 7 days – Costs Rp 45.00
1) Internet Unlimited + 1GB – Costs Rp 15.00. Unlimited access to social apps and streaming. Valid for 30 days.
2) Internet Unlimited + 2GB – Costs Rp 20.00. Unlimited access to social apps and streaming. Valid for 30 days.
1) Mix Small 2.75GB – Costs Rp 10.00. Unlimited access to social apps and streaming. Valid for 3 days.
2) Mix Small 3GB – Costs Rp 20.00. Unlimited access to social apps and streaming. Valid for 3 days.
1) Free Combo 5GB – Costs Rp 55.00. 5GB YouTube Quota (free access from 1am to 6am). Valid for 30 days.
1) Total Kuota 3GB – Costs Rp 10.00. Valid for 7 days.
2) Total Kuota 4GB – Costs Rp 20.00. Valid for 14 days.
Vietnam, although not being the most popular is emerging as a viable option for tourists all over the world. You will still have a lot of options to choose from for your perfect internet package.
1) VND 100,000 ($5) sim card- 1 GB
2) VND 200,000 ($10) – 2GB
3) VND 300,000 ($15) – 3GB
4) VND 500,000 ($20) – 5GB
1) 3.8GB for 30 days – Costs VND 70,000.
2) 2GB a day for 30 days on C90 Package – Cost VND 90,000 (stupendous value)
1) 4GB for 30days – Costs VND 70,000.
One of the newest places that are slowly turning into a popular travel destinations in the world. With increasing tourist attraction mobile operators are putting more emphasis on better travel friendly internet packages.
1) Free sim with $5- 2 GB internet with international call 3 cents/min. You’ll also be able to use unlimited Facebook, WeChat, LINE, Viber, and WhatsApp as much as possible.
And thus, concludes our list. Get the best internet offer, stay connected with your friends, upload loads of photos and most importantly make the best memories! Enjoy your trip!